We’re coming to the end of September, and this year has been a rollercoaster to say the least. We’ve seen all the headlines, estate agents enjoyed all the benefits of the housing boom during the first half the year. Buyers were keen to make the most of the stamp duty holiday in the first quarter, which added more pressure on agents to get the completions finalised in time.
During this time, house prices rose steeply, with an increase of 13.4% in June (The Guardian
), and mortgage approvals hit a 13-year high. All of which resulted in a staggering 175% increase in house moves earlier this year (Zoopla
The market has been an exciting time for everyone, with buyers prioritising space and a work life balance, the proximity to stations is no longer the number one concern as commuting in no longer a significant factor when making property purchase decisions.
Then next few months will be crucial, especially when predictions state that the housing demand is expected to fall. So what can you do to ensure that you can remain successful in this changing landscape:
Here’s what you can do:
- Modernise your telecommunication
- With the changing landscape, one of the things you have to keep in mind is that you have to be available for your clients. That doesn’t mean you need to be in the office bound to the landline or your PC. Present softwares allow you to have a full view on any property or client directly from your phone, no matter where you are.
- For example, agents and sales teams visiting properties and clients or working remotely should be able to access and make full use of their organisation’s key business phone features – including call recording, conference calling, corporate voicemail, IVR, ring groups, call monitoring, and call logging – on their mobile phone, without any extra hardware, investment in separate business mobile devices or a complicated set-up process.
- Develop a stronger relationship with developers
- With the exciting things happening in the new build sector. Land and site developers can offer agents multiple sales opportunities and additional income pathways meaning you can foster new relationships on the tenant, buyer and landlord side.
- Set yourself up as an asset in lettings
- Now more than ever landlords are looking for agents that give them the support that they need. With the constant changes in the market, customer care will be the secret to survival for most letting agents as a part of their long-term strategic planning process. What is apparent now is that landlords are keen to work with agencies whose prime objective is safety first.
In summary, as always, it’s important to focus on the consumer and building strong relationships across the industry. Be that through improving your own tech or by finding the right proptech tools, the focus remains (as it always has) on building strong relationships, on the consumer and the industry side.
So how can XChange help in ensuring that you’re setup and ready to be even more successful in the last quarter of 2021? It’s easy, we’re here to support you and ensure that you’re able to close even more deals. Here’s how XChange can help you.
- Help you connect with developers across London
- Our vast network of BTR developers and operators are open to collaboration. XChange helps connect you to the right developer in your area.
- Provide value to your existing vendors
- Besides your regular services and listing, to provide real value to your vendor, help them get an even better valuation. Our AI-valuation reports assess your listing to see where it can be improved and how that can help them get the best valuation possible. All of our reports can be white-labelled and ready to go.
- You can find the leads, we help you find the properties for them
- You can focus on the client, let us focus on helping you find the right properties for them to help you close the deal in an efficient manner and ensuring that your competitor doesn’t get there first. With XChange you can collaborate with other vetted agents, making it safe place to collaborate.
We are ready to take on the next quarter, as are our partners. How have you been preparing and what are you looking forward to the most?